Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

7 Months Already?

I can't believe that they are already 7 months old! It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant sitting in the living room with my feet in a bucket of cold water because I itched so bad. Hydrocortisone cream, benadryl, lotion...nothing worked and I was ready to meet my babies. A lot has really happened in the most recent weeks so I'm writing as I remember them or as I read them off of a chicken scratch covered sticky note. This is very scatterbrained and well, that's how things have been lately.

I was on Spring Break last week. I took the ESL Supplemental test on the first day of spring break and passed. I really enjoyed spending time with the kids. I was able to get them on a good feeding schedule. When they're at my mom's house, they seem to get a little off schedule so I wanted to make a solid schedule while I had the time off. The past month, we have been alternating feedings. They receive a full 7-ish ounce bottle in the morning, then solids, etc. throughout the day. We usually end up with about 2 or 3 solid feedings and 4-5 bottles during a 24 hour period. They're last meal of the day is usually a bottle, and then they fall asleep between 8:30 and 9:30. Bryce can eat a lot of solid food. He can usually eat 4-5 ounces at one sitting. Per the doctor's suggestion, we've been giving them 2 ounces - half water and half apple juice along with their meals to help with constipation.

My friend from middle school, Holly, came over on March 16th so the kids and I took her to On the Border for an early birthday gift. Bryce and Kayla sat in the highchair and at at the big table for the first time. They did really well. Kayla sat up for the first time for longer than a few seconds on March 14th. Bryce sat up on March 18th during his pictures. I think Bryce likes Oprah. He was talking to the television (more than normal) when I had her on one day last week. On March 19th, Bryce and Kayla went to Sprouts for the first time, Blockbuster, and the doctor to have Bryce's ears checked (for the third time, he had another ear infection.) He's been coughing and wheezing, too, so he was given steroids and antibiotics. We had a birthday party for my Aunt Sheri and my Grams on Sunday, March 20th. When we got home, Bryce crawled to the Bumbo seat and pulled himself to standing! I had tears in my eyes! (Picture below) Kayla has been grabbing on her feet and putting her big toe in her mouth. Silly girl. Bryce keeps mouthing syllables. He's getting closer to "mama". We're trying to do sign language but it's hard to be consistent. I have to work on that. I want them to learn so we can communicate.



So far, they have eaten:
  • apples
  • bananas
  • squash
  • sweet potatoes
  • carrots
  • pears
  • green beans
  • peas
Kayla seems to prefer the fruits. Bryce seems to like everything except for the green stuff. He gagged today at daycare. He usually does a little better when we mix it with squash or sweet potato. They both seem to really like squash and sweet potato.

They're still in size 2 diapers, 3-6 month clothes, and moving into 6-9 month clothes on some things.

We had 7 month pictures taken at Portrait Innovations on March 18th. Here are a few of the pics:









I love being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment