We had our 12 week appointment with the doc on Feb. 25th and it was the first time we had actually seen a head, torso, legs and arms of each baby! It was even more exciting when we saw one of our little jumping beans kicking his or her feet. I looked over at Kevin and asked if he saw it. Of course he said yes. I am still nauseated and throwing up every day or so. The doc has instructed me to be proactive with my use of phenergan. She wants me to take it even before I feel sick so I can improve the quality of my life and not throw up so much. One day, I actually threw up six times starting at 1 a.m. She also said that if I continue to throw up, it's possible that I'll end up having to have an IV started to rehydrate. I still have to take the phenergen every 6 hours or so because the nausea is so bad. I missed half a days work last Thursday because it was so bad. I'm exhausted too, but then again, with two babies, it makes sense. I'm praying that I will not have this nausea for the entire pregnancy. Even if I do, the extension of our family is worth it.
At 12-1/2 weeks, I swear that I could feel the little flutterings of the babies. It felt like butterflies, but it isn't anything I have ever experienced. I haven't felt it in a day or two, but I think they changed positions on me. I can't wait to feel and let Kevin feel the kicks of both babies. I think we have another three weeks to go for that. At our last appointment, the sonographer said he could tell the genders during the next sonogram, which will be again on March 15th. Hopefully he can see something that day! I can't wait. Vomiting and nausea aside, this is a truly amazing experience.
Charla and Kevin

No comments:
Post a Comment