It was snowing on the day of our last doctor's appointment (Thursday, February 11th) so they moved up my appointment by an hour and a half so they could get out of there earlier. I saw the sonographer first. Both babies are strong and active. One had a heartbeat of 170 bpm and the other had a hearbeat of 180 bpm. The sonographer said that he would be able to tell us the sex in about four weeks. I'm so excited.
Two hours after I got there, I finally saw Dr. Bradford. She had been called away to do a delivery. She came into the room wearing her surgical booties. She confirmed that everything looked great and requested that I see her again in two weeks to hear the heartbeats with a doppler. Normal pregnancies require you to see the doctor every four weeks. Twin pregnancies require every two weeks since they are considered high-risk.
The past few weeks have been challenging to say the least. I have had nausea everyday and I throw up every other day. This has decreased from twice everyday. Most pregnant women don't actually throw up but the symptoms are exaggerated with twins. I can't sleep past 8 hours at a time, even though I'm more exhausted than I've ever been. I start to feel nauseated because there's no food in my stomach. There have actually been times that I've woken up at 4 a.m. to grab a bowl of cereal just so I would have something to throw up. The first trimester is a rough road, but it will get better.
At this point, so many things are going through my mind. Kevin and I want a new house. We're in a rental, which is less than 1,000 square feet. It's extremely small, doors don't close all the way, and cold air from outside is let in. The toilet doesn't work well. I could go on and on. Kevin is talking to the guy at the bank about what we can do to get a loan approved so we can get this new house started. Ultimately, we need to sell the other house to do so. It's complicated by the ongoing three year lawsuit with the builder of our other house. Kevin and I have been in this lawsuit since we got married so we haven't had much time together without some kind of stress. It kills me that some people have no pride in their work and they can't take responsibility for the terrible job they did. Of course, it's all about money and it's all about them. Where are the people who truly care about others? I'm convinced that they don't exist anymore.I do not want to raise two babies in this house...even for one minute. I have always dreamt of being able to decorate the nursery and have everything set up when they arrived. I am really worried that this won't happen and that we will have to move again with two babies.
On the flip side, we are already shopping for baby stuff. We got some unisex clothes the other day and a travel diaper changer. We're still debating on a crib and changing table. We actually found a perfect one at Babies 'R Us. It has the crib and the changing table connected. We have plenty of time to look, so we'll see.
Kevin is starting to get more involved. He is helping me out a lot. Most of the time, I can't stand for very long without nausea so Kevin takes over and does whatever I can't. Of course, I'm sure I will have to pay for it when I feel better. Time will tell.

No comments:
Post a Comment