When I finally got called back, the doc performed a transvaginal sonogram (since the babies are so small). I have been reading seven different pregnancy books, so I had an idea of what to expect and what to look for. I knew that we should be able to see the heartbeat on the screen but I figured it was a little too early to hear it. Dr. Kaufmann asked how many babies we wanted and when we said two, he said, "Your wish is my command." Sure enough...two little black areas showed up on the screen. After a little manuevering, we saw a grey shadow...Baby A. Then a second grey shadow...Baby B. The nurse pointed out the heartbeat and when they saw both heartbeats, they turned the sound on. I couldn't look away from the screen! How amazing! Baby A had a heartbeat of 117.19 bpm and Baby B had a heartbeat of 131.58 bpm.
It still hasn't totally sunk in yet. Two of everything: crib, clothes, stroller, bouncy seat, etc. and DOUBLE the diapers! We're going to be swimming in diapers! It's going to be a challenge, but people do it everyday. I'm sure we can handle it. The toughest part for us will be picking out names. We're struggling finding one name that we both like, much less two.
I have another appointment with my new OB next Thursday so I will write more then. In the meantime, I will continue to struggle with this cold and morning, noon and evening sickness. :(
Heartbeat Pics:



No comments:
Post a Comment