
A few months ago, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which makes it more difficult to get pregnant. We decided that because of the difficulty, we would start trying to have our first child now. After talking to the doctor, he suggested clomid to produce an egg. A few days later, I went in for an ultrasound. I had a follicle that was 14 mm. According to the nurse, 18 mm is minimum for a viable egg. The following Monday, I went back and the ultrasound showed a 17.97 mm follicle and another approximately 13 mm. I was instructed to go home and inject myself in the stomach with Ovidrel, an hCG hormone which induces the release of an egg. What are the odds? On our third anniversary, December 17th, I went in to have my first intrauterine insemination done. This procedure involves the "washing" of sperm and injecting it into the uterus through the catheter. The procedure took all of five minutes and then another ten minutes laying there afterwards.
On December 31st, the anniversary of our wedding reception, I returned for a blood pregnancy test. The nurse called me later that afternoon with good news. According to the beta hCG test, anything above a 5 indicates a pregnancy. My level was 236. Normal at this time is 5-420. She wants to see me again on Monday to make sure my levels are still rising. As of now, I don't "feel" pregnant. I haven't experienced any symptoms, other than a little mild cramping last night. I've told a few people but I don't want to make a formal announcement until I get the first ultrasound and/or blood test results that show an increase in hCG levels. I'll write again when I know more.
Charla
On December 31st, the anniversary of our wedding reception, I returned for a blood pregnancy test. The nurse called me later that afternoon with good news. According to the beta hCG test, anything above a 5 indicates a pregnancy. My level was 236. Normal at this time is 5-420. She wants to see me again on Monday to make sure my levels are still rising. As of now, I don't "feel" pregnant. I haven't experienced any symptoms, other than a little mild cramping last night. I've told a few people but I don't want to make a formal announcement until I get the first ultrasound and/or blood test results that show an increase in hCG levels. I'll write again when I know more.
Charla

No comments:
Post a Comment