I am completely exhausted, yet I can only get 8 or 9 hours of sleep. I used to be able to sleep 12 or 13 hours. Sunday was the first day that I really felt a wave of nausea. I slept with a trash can next to the bed. I have placed a trash can in the storage closet of my classroom in case I need to duck away. Gingerale and saltines - that's what I take to work for when I get sick.
The doc had my blood drawn again yesterday to check my hCG levels again. As of 4:30, my levels were 42,432. Wow! That's higher than I was expecting for how far along I am. Based on my calculations, the levels should have been right at or a little below 20,000. Some people attribute high hCG levels to multiples and others have attributed it to a boy. While my mother in-law hopes for a girl, Kevin and I hope for a healthy baby.
Thursday, January 21st will be my first ultrasound with the fertility specialist. I will be 7 weeks by then and we will hear a heartbeat. I picked an obstetrician! I haven't met her, but I hear she is one of the best in Fort Worth. My 8 week ultrasound with the OB will be on January 28th and I can't wait. Kevin is happy but the excitement hasn't hit yet because there's nothing to see. I know he will be excited when he hears the heartbeat and sees the little one for the first time. I know that I will be crying!
Charla

No comments:
Post a Comment