I started back to work on October 13th. I thought it would be harder than it actually was. I was happy to be back. Staying at home with Kayla and Bryce for 18 hours a day had taken its toll after the second week so I needed a break. I love them, of course, but I also need time for myself. Sadly, work is my "me" time. I am happy to be back, though. My mom is keeping them during the day while I am at work and I'll take them to daycare on the days that she can't take them or needs a break, and then my Grandmother takes them on Fridays. I feel very blessed to have family nearby who can help out.
Things at home seem to be getting easier. It has taken a while but we're finally fitting into some sort of routine that works. The babies are still eating about every 3 hours during the day and about every 4 hours at night. I'm learning to multitask and manage my time better. I haven't had to bring anything home to grade, which is nice. All of my extra time at work is devoted to getting grades done, contacting parents, and making assignments so that I don't have to do any of it at home. I have made a "work stays at work" rule this year so that I can enjoy being at home with the kids.
Since I last wrote, the kids had their 2 month checkup. They did great and they had their vaccines, which apparently they weren't so fond of. Kevin took them to the doctor that day since it was on October 18th, only a few days after I started back to work. Part of me is glad that I wasn't there because it tears me up to see them cry. At their 2 month check up, Bryce was at 9 lbs and Kayla was at 8 lbs 11 oz without their diapers. Kevin took them back to the doctor on Friday because they're still constipated. Their weights were up to 9 lbs 12 oz for Bryce and 9 lbs 4 oz for Kayla, with diaper. Kayla has seemed to lag behind Bryce more than she did at first. The doctor told us to stop doing the Karo syrup and start them on 2 oz of apple juice twice a day in between feedings and then he changed their formula to Similac Sensitive. We'll see if it helps. So far, I haven't seen much of a change. I know that I shouldn't, but I do feel guilty and like a bad mother for not being able to breastfeed and give them the nutrients they need to help their stomach. This just kills me knowing that they're going through all of this and I am at the mercy of the doctor. Both of them have been really fussy lately and Bryce will scream at the top of his longs for an hour straight. Kayla spits up a lot. It has been better, though, since we changed the formula. Hopefully things start turning around for them.
Charla

No comments:
Post a Comment