Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

6th Month Check-up

The kids went in for their six month check up on Monday. Bryce had been coughing that morning and I figured he was getting bronchitis again. The doctor said he had RSV, which is a highly contagious lower respiratory viral infection. We have to give him breathing treatments using the nebulizer every four hours. He doesn't particularly care for them when he's awake so we've been trying to do it when he's asleep. He's been pretty needly lately and sleeps most of the day...definitely not normal for him. Kayla looks like she's getting it too. She's not as bad as he is but we're keeping an eye on her.

As far as growth is concerned:

Bryce: 25" long, 14 lbs. 0.5 oz., head is 16.75"
Kayla: 24" long, 14 lbs. 7.0 oz., head is 16.50"

Foods:

They both like sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash. We usually buy a couple of jars of a new vegetable to see if they like it and to check on allergic reactions before we make our own. So far, I've made sweet potatoes and squash. I think I need more containers! Bryce can eat between four and five ounces of solid food at one feeding. Kayla doesn't eat the solid foods as well. She probably eats between a third and a half of a container. She prefers the bottle. I bought sippy cups with handles at the store the other day. They are the Tommee Tippee brand so the nipple can be traded out with the TT bottle nipples that we already have. I put the nipple on the end of it so they can learn to just hold the cups first. Kayla tries to hold the cup but she doesn't hold it up high enough to really get much out of it. We haven't tried with Bryce as much since he's been sick.

That's all for now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment