It's funny how closely K2 follows B in development. She's almost going in perfect order. She's starting to climb on my husband just like B did.
B started crawling on his knees yesterday! He moves a little like a chameleon (the stop and start motion). He'll crawl to us and use anything around him to help him stand up. We always know when he wants attention. K2 still cries when she wants attention but she's starting to use her arms to scoot herself forward. The kids still can't talk, but I can almost always know what they're trying to communicate just by their actions and their facial expressions. I guess this is a good example of how actions speak louder than words. :)
Our schedule has been tough for the past month. K2 and B haven't slept as well as normal. They've been taking longer to go to sleep at night. Sometimes they won't go to sleep until midnight and then they'll wake up at 5 or 6 a.m. Needless to say, the parents are getting very little sleep and I am drained.
We still have no teeth. :( Apparently my mom didn't get her first tooth until 11 months so apparently, it's genetic. I'm not sure when I got my first tooth since my mom didn't fill out my baby books (part of the reason I'm putting as much info in here as possible.)
I am so thankful for such wonderful people in my life. There are some special women at work who have children in the same class as B and K. They have probably been the most supportive and helpful people since the kids were born. Nowadays, it seems like everyone gossips, and it's nice to have people who hold themselves to a higher standard and do what is right, even when everyone else is doing the opposite.
Random observations: I am usually a quiet observer; I learn a lot that way. It doesn't take a long conversation with someone to learn about who they are and what they stand for. Watching how they treat others and how they carry themselves paints a bigger picture about their character. We often fail to realize that our actions often teach others more than our words do.

No comments:
Post a Comment