Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

FINALLY!

My baby girl is finally crawling...well, scooting anyway. She's getting quicker everyday. I wonder if I've hindered her in some way because I don't like to leave her crying and frustrated, so I pick her up. Lately, I have been letting her get frustrated so that she has to move. It seems to be working because she'll scoot over to me and try to pull up (this is the next thing on her agenda I think) or she'll scoot over to her Daddy and untie his shoe. Funny girl.

I got a message from my mom on Friday while I was at work saying that she felt teeth on K. When I went to pick her up, sure enough, there was a tooth trying to come in! That would explain her crankiness. Here it is on Sunday morning and the tooth still hasn't come through. Waiting...

Yesterday was the kids' first trip to church. I wanted them to go to Sabbath School but we were running late so we just went straight to church. We asked where the family room was and a lady at the desk pointed in a direction. We went on a hunt but we couldn't find it so I went back to the desk and asked for someone to show me because we were new and didn't know our way around. After a few minutes, someone took us to our destination. (I've been to several churches and this one was the least friendly of them all. I have always been greeted at the door and then engaged in small chit chat with either the person at the door or someone else inside. This church was not near as welcoming and that's a shame because our friends go there.) Anyway, back to the family room. Although it was a family room, I was shocked at the kids running around the room and not minding their parents. Four of them went into the nursery area, opened and slammed the door shut a few times, and screamed. On top of that, the mom just sat there for several minutes. It took several other parents looking at her until she finally went over there. It worked for a couple of minutes and the kids were back at it. Children need to be given opportunities to inquire about things, but they need to be taught the appropriate time and place. I have missed being out of church so I was glad to be back. It was quite comforting to me. This experience was a little challening and I'm sure that my husband was not impressed. That will just make it even tougher to get him to go with me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment