Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Exhausted!

It is official: K1 and I are  exhausted. My parents were letting the kids spend the night once a week while we got some sleep. With my Dad having a heart attack, we haven't had that luxury. It's been tough. They haven't been going to bed until about 10:30 or 11:00 at night. Sometimes, I feel like they stay awake because they've been away from us all day and they want to spend time with us.

I am worn out too. I take the kids to my parents' house in the mornings and then drive down the street to work. One or two days a week, I take them to the district daycare. I usually take my lunch bag, my bag with all of my work in it, my purse, their diaper bag, and their lunch bag with solid foods in it, in addition to them. That's a lot of stuff! I get off work, I pick them up and get home around 5:45 or later if I'm coming from daycare. I come in the door and sit them down (but of course, they cry). A lot of times, I have to take them in the bathroom with me so that I can change and they can see me. Then, I take them into the kitchen, strip them down to their diaper, put them in the highchair and feed them solid foods together (I alternate one spoon for one and another spoon for the other one. Lately, I've started giving them peas or Cheerios to munch on while they're waiting on me to feed the other one. It seems to work. It usually takes a half an hour to feed them. Then, K1 will get home, we'll change diapers and then by 7:00, we can start making dinner. We'll eat around 7:30 or 8:00 and then we play with the kids for a little while if we're lucky. We try to have them in bed at least around 9:00 but it doesn't always go as planned.

There are plenty of times that we don't get to bed until midnight because we're washing bottles, baby clothes, cleaning, or whatever else, and then we wake up around 4 or 5 a.m. because somebody is crying. The day starts all over again. These are the times that I wish I could stay at home with them because I don't think it's fair that they're doing without both parents during the day.

This week will be busy. Tomorrow, we have awards night for school and it starts at 7 and ends at 8 so I'll be home late. Wednesday, I have a late faculty meeting to make up for the bad weather we had earlier in the year. Thursday, I need to get my allergy shots. We do have a three day weekend, though, so that helps.

We have a new milestone for K2...she stood up today! Well, she pulled up to standing anyway. I didn't see it, but my mom told me that she did. If I can't stay at home with them and be there for all of their milestones, at least my mom can be there. At their 9 month check up, B weighed in at 16 lbs. 3 oz. and is 26.75 inches long. K2 weighed 16 lbs. 13 oz. and is 26.50 inches long. She's catching him on height!

No comments:

Post a Comment