After having the kids 10 months ago, hubby and I decided to go to San Antonio for a weekend together sort of as a celebration for my birthday and for Father's Day. We got there around 8 p.m. on Friday and came back yesterday. We stayed in the Omni Hotel, which is supposed to be a 4 - star hotel. There wasn't anything spectacular about the place. In fact, I preferred the Holiday Inn Express, which is a 3 - star hotel. The Omni had "free" internet access, but it was only available in the lobby. That's not very convenient for people who are trying to get directions before they go somewhere. The internet connections in the rooms are $9.95 unless you are a part of their select guest program. They don't offer free breakfasts and the rooms are mediocre. We ended up with two double beds even thought I requested one king. Awesome.
Aside from the hotel, we made our way to the Alamo and the Riverwalk on Sabbath. We had lunch at Casa Rio, which was good. That night, we ate at Jacala's. A lot of people rave about their puffy tacos, which weren't too bad - on the greasy side, though. Their cheese enchiladas were terrible. The chicken enchiladas had no seasoning. We found Jim's Restaurants, which we really liked. On Sunday, we went to Sea World since I got a free pass for educators. Our first adventure was at the Shamu Stadium where we ended up in the front row or the "Soak Zone". That sign on the seat was no lie. We rode the boat ride that went into the water (I forgot its name), we watched the Azul show with the beluga whales and dolphins. Before we left, we fed the dolphins and I managed to touch under their mouth. Their skin has the texture of mushrooms...soft and velvety. I loved every minute of it!
The kids stayed with my parents for part of the time and then my cousin, A, (we call her aunt for the kids, though.) It was definitely nice to have some time to talk to each other and sleep, but we sure missed the kids while we were gone. Everytime I saw a baby about their age, I missed them even more.

No comments:
Post a Comment