Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back in Wisconsin

We have had probably the toughest week ever. While I was at the airport, I got a call from K saying that the project at his job had been funded for another year. He had been told for the past couple of months that he was being laid off. When we decided to move up here to Wisconsin, we had a pretty clear getting laid off sign by his boss when he started telling K to take all of his personal items home, so I quit my job in Texas.

We planned on leaving Texas on Saturday, September 3rd, but B ended up with a 102 degree temperature. He's never had one before, so we called the doctor's office. The nurse said she thought that it was caused by his MMR vaccine and that they usually recommend going to the hospital if it's 104 or higher. We gave him some Tylenol and two hours later, his temperature was 103. Instead of waiting until it got to 104, we went to the ER. Luckily, his temperature started going down when they gave him Motrin. A look at his throat showed pus pockets on his tonsils. The strep culture turned up negative. Since there wasn't a bacteria found, we can't do antibiotics.

Things have been stressful, to say the least. We are still living out of boxes, I can't find my work shoes, and we have no pots and pans to cook with because they are spread out throughout the house. We didn't have enough room in the truck to put all of our furniture, so we left some behind. We were blessed enough to have a friend of ours offer to stay in our house and pay rent until we found a buyer. He is also keeping two of the cats since we didn't have room here.

Since we've been up here, we've seen a deer in the backyard and a chipmunk in the front. :) The temperature tomorrow should be in the 50's so winter is starting early! We are all excited to have our first "real" winter. On Sunday, we had to call the police because K saw three men in the backyard with rifles. Silly me...I went to chase them down. I was in protection mode I guess. Come to find out, they were teenagers playing with air rifles.

Signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment