Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter!

This was our first Easter where the kids got to hunt for eggs and we got to hide them. Luckily, we have a pretty large yard here.

For the past few months, we had driven past this place called Stonefire Pizza. The building is huge so we were intrigued. We decided that today would be a pretty good day to go. It has games, a buffet with pizza, salad, pasta, dessert, and even a kid-sized buffet table. There is an area just for children under 8 that has slides, games, a train set, water table, and a sink at the level of the kids so they could wash their hands. We found our new favorite restaurant!

While we were at the restaurant, I got a text from a friend offering us free tickets to the Brewers game today. The game had already started by the time I got the text, but we accepted anyway. We haven't been to Miller Park yet so we headed over there after we finished eating. We hid and hunted for eggs when we got back. It didn't take long for the kids to pick up on the goal of the activity. I spent $1.76 on six bags of candy at CVS so I used that to fill up their eggs. We don't normally give the kids candy but today was special, so we gave them some Hershey kisses.

B figured out how to open candy. I wasn't as surprised at this as I was when he walked over to the trashcan to throw the wrapper away! I am totally convinced that my staying at home has played a part in some of the habits the kids have picked up on. After dinner tonight, K2 grabbed her plate and took it to my husband in the kitchen. Wow! They are learning to pick up their toys or objects they throw on the floor. It doesn't happen all the time, but some of the time is progress.

Here are some pictures from Easter today:







No comments:

Post a Comment