Things are a bit tough in the Hawley Household right now. I am scheduled to have surgery on Monday, which I have already pushed back once so that my in-laws could come up and help us take care of the kids. We got a call today saying that K's uncle had a heart attack and passed away yesterday. So, his parents are staying in Kansas to attend the funeral. I feel horrible. K is quite fond of his uncle.
It also leaves us without anyone to help us take care of the kids during and after my surgery. I can't push it back anymore because I am in quite a bit of pain as it is and I don't want it to cause any other problems for other organs. So we're trying to figure out what we're going to do. I want K to be able to go to Kansas and attend the funeral, too. If he makes the choice not to go, I'm fine with that, but I don't want him to feel like he has to stay here for me.
The kids have both been sick for about a week...a cold, apparently.
Yesterday wasn't too bad of a day. I went to the gym and worked out with my trainer. At the end of the workout, he offered me a free workout because I had been working so hard. When I got to Starbucks (oxymoron, I know), I ordered one drink and the guy gave me two because he said he made the guy remake it. We went to the store to get some groceries and I got out to get the kids. B's pants were wet, so I yanked them off to change him. Apparently, they weren't wet from pee. He had a diaper explosion and was covered from his stomach to his toes! After spending about 20 minutes cleaning him up, we went in, got groceries and came back home later than I had expected.
I think the hubby and I are waiting for our lives to calm down a little. Does that ever happen?

No comments:
Post a Comment