Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 18, 2014

Where Does the Time Go?

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I last updated. Time moves so fast and it's hard to keep up with everything. We just reached our one year anniversary of living on a farm. We made it. We have about 50+ chickens so we get fresh eggs daily. It's hard to beat that. Unfortunately, we recently lost about a dozen of our chickens to who knows what. We woke up one morning and they were just gone. I'm not totally sure what happened or what got to them, but nature is harsh. We've found a few rattlesnakes out in the yard that K has had to shoot. One was about 2 feet away from our chickens so he didn't have much of a choice. Another was in the coop with the chickens eating an egg. A couple of weeks ago, Aspen, one of our dogs was bitten by a rattlesnake so I had to take her to the emergency vet at 1 am. Luckily, we got to her in time and the antivenin saved her life. Things sure are entertaining around here.

After another year in teaching, I determined that this field just isn't for me. I love being in the classroom and teaching itself, but I don't love the long hours, disrespect from some of the students, and the expectations of pleasing everyone all at the same time. I need a career that will give me more time with my littles and I'll reveal what I'm working on in the months ahead. While I'm working on what I have planned, the kids and I moved into an apartment back up to my hometown while K stays in Austin. He works late hours anyway, so this isn't too much of a change from that respect. The kids will be starting pre-k this year at the church where my grandmother works and they will be closer to their grandparents. This will be a huge blessing for our family.

B and K2 went to the doctor yesterday. B just wasn't acting right and his eyes were draining green goo. I had a feeling that he had a sinus infection, so I took him in. Sure enough, he has a double ear infection, a sinus infection, a sore throat and conjunctivitis. He seems to be more energetic today. Based off of their last visit to the pediatrician, B weighed in at 31 lbs and K2 was 34. Both are around 3 feet tall. I'll get exact measurements when they go in for their 4 year check up in a month or so.

That's all I have for now. I'll update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment