Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Where Does the Time Go? 19 Months!

We've been in Texas for a little over a week now and I've tried to rest up some while the grandparents are playing with the kids.

I cannot even begin to go over the sudden burst in development these two have had in just a week, but I will try.

Kayla: (her verbal skills have improved dramatically...mommy is so proud)
  • Put her shoe on all by herself today (it was really Bryce's shoe, but she put it on without any help from me...velcroed it and everything)
  • Says, "book" when she grabs the dinosaur series books and wants me to read them to her
  • Said, "G-ama" and held her arms up when she wanted my mom to hold her
  • Says, "uh oh" when she drops something or falls
  • Said, "oh my gosh" and "good Lord" when she was playing outside in the sandbox (brother was getting on her nerves)
  • Said, "where did it go?" and "there it is" when playing hide and seek with a spatula from the kitchen 
  • Can say and recognize the letter H
  • She tries to wash her own hair in the bathtub (and brother's, too)
  • Wears size 4 diapers, but they're still a little big
  • Wears 12 month and some 9 month clothes; 18 month are way too big usually
  • Wears a size 3 toddler shoe, although I just went and bought some shoes that were size 4 today
  • She loves bathtime
  • She at an ice cream cone from Dairy Queen for the first time on March 19, 2012 (technically, this is at 19 months)
  • She can take a step down out of a doorway
  • She sucks her thumb when she's stressed out or tired
  • She loves going down the slide at the park
  • She enjoys playing by herself most of the time, but does tolerate her brother on occasion
  • She has the best belly laugh
Bryce:
  
  • Peed in the potty for the first time! Although, he hasn't done it again since (but then again, we haven't really tried...we'll pick up when we get back home.)
  • Says, "what's that?" and "who's that?" and waits for an explanation
  • Says, "hot" when he touches food or the oven (everything is hot to him, even if it came out of the freezer)
  • Gives momma hugs when she cries (I stumped my toe once and he came over and laid his head on my chest and wrapped his arms around my neck)
  • Wears size 4 diapers, although they are still rather big
  • Wears size 12 clothing, but size 6-9 month pants still fit around the waist...18 month clothes are way too big
  • Wears size 3 shoes, but I bought size 5 shoes today because his feet are growing so quickly
  • Can do chin ups on the swing set at Grandma and Grandpa's house
  • Chases his sister around the backyard
  • Says, "ooh" when he falls
  • Loves bath time, although sometimes, I can't get him out to dry him off
  • Loves to dance
  • Tries to "sing" in the car
  • Had his first ice cream cone at Dairy Queen today and ate the whole thing!
They both love: oatmeal, fruit bars, Teddy Grahams, Gerber's little baby cheetos (I forgot what they're actually called), yogurt, apples, peanut butter crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Rosa's tortillas, chicken nuggets and strips, bean burritos, and rice

We are leaving for home on Saturday. Kevin is already there. I'll fly with both kids by myself. I think the biggest challenge will be getting through security. Once we get past that point, it should be smooth sailing (I hope). Pray for us. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment