Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kids' Development (20 months)

Actually, the kids are almost 21 months, but I'm updating now because we are bombarded with development by these two.

We got the kids some underwear. B is pretty much potty trained but K still doesn't even try. I went into the bathroom earlier and B followed me. Then, I hear, "Ohhhhhhhh....SHUT!" Okay, so it was funny as he said it but then I realized that he was trying to say something inappropriate. I have no idea where he heard this because my husband and I don't talk like that. Oh dear.

As we were watching a movie tonight, I yelled out, "Woohoo!" Of course, K's tiny voice repeated me. It was so cute.

They both sign for "more". They understand most of what we say. They can open and close drawers/doors or anything else if we tell them to. They can put things back. They can put things in the trashcan with direction. They can bring diapers and wipes to us when we ask. We gave them their own kitchen cabinet with snacks and they grab their own when they're hungry.

Kayla is more verbal nowadays. These are some of her favorite words/phrases:
-water
-bread pudding
-woohoo!
-more
-up
-hold me
-Grandma
-no
-no, no, no (while shaking her finger)
-down
-cat
-book
-ball
-bowl
-apple
-mama
-dada
-light
-bubble
-shhhhhh
-duck
-rocket
-poop
-pee
-juice
-A, B, C (from the alphabet song)


Bryce's favorite words:
-light
-bubble

-mama
-dada
-no
-ball
-bowl
-apple
-duck
-more
-pee
-poop
-juice
-(he grunts when he's frustrated)

I'll update as I remember other things they've said.

No comments:

Post a Comment