Baby girl and boy are still doing well. Neither have names yet, but we're trying to get the list narrowed down. I had my 20 week check up a week and a half ago. The technician was able to see four chambers of the girl's heart, a femur, a tibia, and fibula. She had her hand in front of her face at one point. Both seemed to have all of their organs. He couldn't see the boy's heart very well because of the way he was laying. He was curled up with fists next to his head. We'll check again during my next appointment on May 6th. Hopefully he'll be laying in a better position so we can see his heart clearly.
It's amazing being able to see them on the screen every couple of weeks. I can't imagine having to go a whole month without being able to see them. Going two weeks is tough as it is. It's starting to sink in a little more that babies are coming and soon. Kevin and I are both guessing they'll be born in about 12 weeks. It's a little soon, but with the babies measuring right on target or a week ahead, they may not wait until August. The weeks are going by so fast. It seems like just yesterday I got the call from the doctor saying I was pregnant. The movement in my belly is becoming more constant. It feels like little pops (like a rubberband) or muscle twitches. They seem to move around more when I'm eating or at night when I'm getting ready for bed. Kevin has felt the movements a few times but as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, they stop. I am so excited about meeting the other half of my family in a few months. I cannot wait to have them in my arms!
Kevin is becoming more excited too. He is really worried about the house situation. He wants to make sure they have a proper place to live. I can honestly say that I am proud to have him as my husband and my babies' father. He is going to be a great dad and I can't wait to see him in action.
Carpal tunnel is getting rather bothersome. I now wake up and my fingers are numb. I hear it goes away when they're born. I've put up with it for a month. I can handle three more. I have swelling in my hands and feet also. It gets worse when I stand or walk for very long. It should also go away when they're born. Kevin and I keep wondering if I will end up on bed rest throughout the summer. I hope that's not the case, but hey, if that's what needs to happen in order to have healthy babies, then I'll do it.
On another note, I'm still not sure what hospital they'll be born in. My doctor is affiliated with Baylor All Saints and Harris Methodist in downtown Fort Worth. I was born at Harris and from what I hear, they have a great neonatal unit. I'll ask her at my next appointment.

No comments:
Post a Comment