We went to the doc on Thursday, May 20th. Everything looked great with the babies! I still have quite a bit of swelling in my hands and feet but I am surviving. The boy is laying in a breach position, or head up, with his head on my right side and the girl is laying transverse, or side ways, with her head on my right side. I have to go back on Monday, June 7th to have a glucose screen. They want to make sure I don't have or am getting gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes causes more complications with mom and baby. The babies usually come out a little larger in moms who have this.
On Friday, I saw the babies move through my stomach for the first time! How awesome to see our babies physically move for the first time. It's one thing seeing it on a screen and quite another to see it outside your belly. Kevin laid his head down on my belly tonight. Our daughter kicked him in the head! Amazing. We went to lamaze classes this weekend and we learned a lot. There are still a lot of decisions that need to be made as far as the birth plan goes. It is a little intimidating making all of these decisions because you want to do what is best for you and the baby. Time will tell. I'm still researching everything.
Until next time,
Charla

No comments:
Post a Comment