Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pelvic Pain - 22 weeks

So I've seen the doctor three times in the past week. I went last Tuesday because I was leaking clear fluid. Luckily, it wasn't amniotic fluid. All she could do was guess what it could be. My regularly scheduled appointment was on Thursday and all was well. On Friday, I started feeling pelvic and pubic bone pain. I googled it and most of the information I found said that it was my body preparing to have the babies and for the most part, it wasn't a big issue. However, in some cases, it could be an indicator of dilation. I called the doctor just to be sure. The nurse said I could come in yesterday at 1:30. I went ahead and scheduled it, not thinking about my baby shower that my co-workers had planned. I looked at my days off and I got docked a half day last Thursday when I was there for 75% of the day. With the issue of my day off and the baby shower, I called to reschedule for today. A few minutes later, the nurse called me back and said they needed to see me today. When I talked to her the first time, she didn't seem like it was much of a concern, which is why I thought I could reschedule it. I left work at 2:00 yesterday afternoon and they got me right in. My back and pelvis was still hurting. When I laid down on the table for the exam, my back and stomach increased in pain. She had me roll over on my side and it got worse. It hurt so bad that I was crying. The doctor was concerned so she hooked me up to a contraction monitor. The monitor didn't show anything but I was still in pain. She sent me over to Harris Hospital to have a high risk doctor evaluate me. They didn't pick up any contractions or funneling of the cervix but I was dehydrated. After strict instructions to drink lots of water, they released me. I arrived around 4:30 and I left shortly before 8:00 with instructions for bed rest until I was cleared by my doctor. Whew! What a day.

I stayed home from work today, per doctor's orders. My baby shower at the school had to be canceled. I was really looking forward to my shower so I'm bummed about having to cancel it. My cousin is planning a shower for family and friends around June 13th. We were going to do it on the 30th but with it being Memorial Day weekend, a lot of people would be out of town so Jodi asked if I could do it on the 13th. We'll see what happens. Kevin's co-workers have generously offered to throw us a shower next month too.

So far, the babies have been doing so well. Most of the movement has been coming from the boy, or so I thought. For the first time, I felt movement today in the upper portion of my belly while I was resting today. It was the girl and I couldn't stop smiling. On the other hand, mommy is worn out and uncomfortable. At least 13 more weeks to go! I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment