Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hooray! Out of the Hospital!

I got dismissed from the hospital on Thursday, June 17th. Dr. Bradford came in that morning and said that I will be allowed to go home, provided I stay on bedrest for 23 hours a day. I have bathroom "privileges" and I can eat dinner at the table sometimes, but that is it. She wants to see me weekly until the babies are born. Hopefully, they hang in there for another four weeks or more. Protein level has gone down, blood pressure has gone down, and blood sugar is being managed with insulin. Now that I am home, I have to take blood pressure medication, which means no more allergy shots. The blood pressure medication is a beta blocker so if I have an allergic reaction to the shots, they will have a harder time reversing the reaction with epinephrine since it acts on the beta receptors. Aside from blood pressure medication, I am also on two different types of insulin. One is given at night and the other is given in the morning. I have to test my blood sugar several times throughout the day, also. Hopefully this is temporary.

Being on bedrest is tougher than I thought. Kevin's parents came down this weekend to help us move more stuff from the rental house in Fort Worth here to our Aledo house. We have entirely too much junk that I would like to just toss in the dumpster. It is becoming evident that we have no room, even for the babies' stuff. We need to do something. Good Will, here we come! What's rough about this whole bedrest thing is that there is so much that I want to do. I want to have control over everything that happens and I have very little control on bedrest. I feel helpless. If there's something I need from the store, I have to wait for Kevin to go get it. It's an absolute pain. I haven't been able to go get Father's Day cards or gifts at the store, either. That really bothers me since this is Kevin's first Father's Day. My mom and my cousin, Jodi have offered to come by and help us get organized. They've also offered to bring me food to help take the load off of Kevin. I am so thankful to have such awesome family.

That's all I have for now. I'm still catching up on lost sleep from being in the hospital. Sadly, bedrest there doesn't necessarily mean resting.

Hugs and kisses,
Charla, Baby Boy, and Baby Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment