Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

29 Weeks!

We made it past 28 weeks without having the twins! I am so happy that we made it to this milestone. After being admitted to the hospital, I was worried they were going to come really early, making them stay in the NICU for weeks or even months. I don't want to do that to them or us. If we can make it to at least 34 weeks, we're in good shape. They might have to stay in the NICU for a week or two, but we can handle that better than a couple of months.

I saw Dr. Bradford on Monday and things are looking good. My blood pressure is good, my blood sugars are staying in a good range, the swelling hasn't come back, and I haven't gained any weight. In fact, I lost about 10 pounds while I was in the hospital and after being home for a week, I haven't gained any of it back. The doctor thinks it was mostly water weight from all the swelling. To date, I have gained a total of 24 pounds with the twins so I'm right on track. One article I read said that with twins, the goal is to gain 25 pounds by your 20th week. If that's the case, then I'm doing exceptionally well. The doctor hasn't said anything about it so I am pleased with that. Dr. Bradford wanted me to see the high risk doctor, Dr. Howard. I've seen him twice in the hospital but never in his office. Her nurse scheduled an appointment for me this Friday. He should do another sono that day. Then, I'll see Dr. Bradford again next Wednesday for another follow up.

Names?
Everybody keeps asking us if we have names. To be honest, we have kind of narrowed it down to a handful. We are pretty set on first names for both babies but the middle names are up in the air a little more. I don't want to tell anyone in case we decide to change it at the last minute. I change my mind all the time so that is a definite possibility.

Every week that passes, I get more excited to meet these babies that are tumbling around inside my belly. They are movers for sure. At the hospital, they gave the nurses a run for their money. Every new nurse that came in said that she had heard my babies were troublemakers. Apparently. It took one nurse an hour to successfully hook me up to the monitors. I don't know what we are going to do if they are this active once they are born. Either way, I can't wait to meet them. I can't express the joy everytime I see my belly move. I stop what I'm doing and just watch them. I can't help but smile. What an amazing experience.

Hugs and kisses,
Charla and babies

No comments:

Post a Comment