30 weeks may not seem like much to celebrate but it is to me. Considering I was in the hospital at 27 weeks, I didn't think I would make it this far. My next milestone is 34 weeks. I'm taking it week by week though. I saw the high risk doctor last Friday and he did a sonogram. All looks good with the babies. My blood sugar and blood pressure both look good also. He did an FFN (fetal fibronectin) test to see if I would go into labor in the next couple of weeks. It was extremely painful. I had this done once before at my regular doctor's office and it didn't hurt like that. Right then, I made the decision that my regular doctor would be performing those from now on.
I saw Dr. Bradford this Wednesday and she said I was doing really well. She wants to see me again next Tuesday for a checkup and I will see the high risk doctor again on Wednesday. He is supposed to do a biophysical profile to check the growth of the twins then. They do this to make sure they are getting the nutrients and growing like they should be. Basically, they do an assessment of whether the babies are better off inside or outside the uterus.
On another note, Kevin is doing really well at his job. He just got put in charge of something major on his project. We don't know if it comes with a raise or not, but it definitely looks good for him if he does a good job. He just completed another project and they went out to celebrate last night after work. He has done so much around here that I don't mind if he goes out. He deserves it. Since July 4th is coming up, he has a four day weekend so we get to spend some time together. I ordered some stuff online from Target and Babies R Us so we'll go through that in the next couple of weeks. We still need to get the crib put together and the room straightened up since it won't be much longer before they arrive. There's so much to do but I still can't wait!
Hugs and kisses,
Charla and babies

No comments:
Post a Comment