Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

32 Weeks...What's New?

I saw Dr. Bradford on Wednesday and all was fine. My blood pressure was a little higher (in the 140s) and I had a trace of protein in my urine so she asked me to do a 24 hour urine collection. I saw Dr. Howard on Thursday and my blood pressure was still high so he increased my blood pressure medication from once a day to twice a day. The sonogram was cool. I saw little fingers on the babies for the first time. They were still practice breathing, which is still awesome to see. At one point, I saw a hand up by the girl's face. I mentioned how cute that was to the sonographer. She said, "Um, that's actually the boy's hand." Great, so now my son is already smacking his sister on the head and face. Ha! As silly as it is, it was so adorable. I can't wait to meet these little people.
On Friday night, Kevin checked my blood pressure and it read 180/100 before I took my medication. 20 minutes after, it measured at 160/80, and an hour afterwards, it measured 146/60. Saturday morning, we checked it again about an hour after I had taken the medication and it was 150/95. With it being so high, I called the doctor's office and spoke to the doctor on call, Dr. Robbins. She suggested that I go to Maternal Observation to be monitored. They hooked me up to monitors and checked my blood pressure. Babies heartbeats were fine and my blood pressure went down a little. Dr. Robbins came by and increased my BP medication dosage to three times a day and said that I needed to follow up with Dr. Bradford on Monday.

Sunday, we had a birthday party for all of the family's summer birthdays: me, Amie, my husband - Kevin, my uncle Kevin, and my dad. Amazing how so many people in the family have a summer birthday. That's about half the family and we're about to add two more to summer birthdays!

Kevin had a dream a couple of months ago that the babies would be born on July 21st. If that comes true, we're looking at Wednesday. I am completely uncomfortable. My fingers are swollen and numb. They get worse when I lay on my side, which is what the doctor wants me to do. My legs are swollen and I have swelling/cellulite/pain or whatever in the lower part of my abdomen. As much as I want them delivered as soon as possible to relieve me of this uncomfortableness and pain, I know they need to incubate as long as possible.

Anyway, I followed up with Dr. Bradford today. The results of my 24 hour urine collection showed a urine protein level of over a thousand. My blood pressure was 115/65, which is better. She was concerned for my welfare and the babies so she admitted me to the hospital...again. I knew she would so I had my bags packed the night before and they were in the trunk of mom's car. Dr. Bradford said she wants to keep them in there for at least another two weeks before we consider the possibility of taking them early. If any of us are in danger, we'll do it sooner.

We went straight to the hospital from her office. The staff wasn't nearly as on top of things as they were when I was admitted last time. I find myself asking more questions and verifying everything with the nurses. They make mistakes and I don't want them to make them on me if I can help it. They might be getting tired of me, but someone else needs to look out for me. I know what needs to be done and when. When they do something different, I question it. Thank God I did because they almost gave me the wrong insulin. Luckily I said something so they were able to call the doctor and get it sorted out. I'm supposed to have snacks throughout the day, also, but that never happened. They were also supposed to give me my meds at 9 o'clock but they never did. Luckily, Kevin brought me mine from home so I took them on my own.
I'm also getting annoyed and restless. I haven't even been in here a day yet and I'm going nuts. My back muscles are hurting and there's nothing to do. My family aren't coming to see me, or at least they didn't last time. It's depressing being here all day by yourself. I know it's almost over, but it's hard.

Charla

No comments:

Post a Comment