Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

33 Weeks - We Made It Another Week!

I just had another sonogram about an hour ago. Both babies are still measuring about two weeks ahead. Praise the Lord! Two weeks ago, their estimated weights were a little over 4 lbs. This week, the boy is measuring at 5 lbs 7 oz and the girl is measuring at 5 lbs 3 oz. Wow - that is 11 lbs of baby and I'm not even full term. The boy is head down in my pelvis. I take it he's ready to come out now. The girl is not in as much of a hurry. She's still in a transverse (across) position on the top of my belly. She made it a point to let the doctor know she didn't care to be watched. She punched my belly when the sonogram wand was on top of her. Silly girl. :) I hate that Kevin missed another sonogram. He's missed the last three growth sonograms that we've had on them so I am disappointed. This may be the last one we have and he wasn't there for it.

I have no family staying with me to advocate for me if I need it and it wears me out having to watch everything the nurses do to me to make sure it's what I need. I'm exhausted. When I first got here, one of the nurses walked in and asked if I needed anything. I told her it was time for my insulin and dinner. She honestly looked at me and said, "Insulin? I don't have orders for insulin." She walked out of the room and a few minutes later, came back in with the medicine cart and said, "Oh, we do have orders for insulin." That seriously worried me. I have had to remind them about insulin three times now.

Yesterday, the nurse gave me insulin before breakfast, as she should have. Although, with the insulin, I am supposed to eat within 15 minutes. After giving my insulin, she did my vital signs and listened to the babies a little, which probably took 10-15 minutes. She went to go get my tray and I didn't see her again for another 15 minutes. This wouldn't have bothered me as much if I weren't looking out for my son and daughter too. Luckily, I had some crackers on hand and I helped myself until she finally came back. By the way, the nurses have to bring me my food since I'm on a diabetic diet. They have to check it first. Last night, I got my insulin and then my tray. The food on the tray was definitely not what I circled on the menu, nor is it anything I would have eaten. I asked the dietary person to get me a salad instead, since I wasn't sure what I had actually ordered. 30 minutes later, I was able to eat. Now, I have to ask them to bring the tray in here and check it first before they do my insulin. They were on the ball a little more the last time I was in here.

The patient care technician that I have today is getting on my nerves. Everytime she comes in, she asks for my name and date of birth. So, even though I've said it 10-15 times today, she still pronounces my last name wrong. I know that I do not have an "o" in my last name anywhere. On top of that, she will come in and do my blood sugar and then come in 30 minutes later to do my vitals. She could do them at the same time. Other technicians and nurses take the advantage while they're in here and do them at the same time. So, I've had very little sleep. The people next door had their kids here and they were noisy so the nurse brought me a fan so I could sleep. That was the best sleep since I got here! God Bless this nurse!

Dr. Bradford came by this afternoon around 4:00. She said the babies were looking great and she was happy with the progress we're making. She is concerned about sending me home with my blood pressure being wacky so she wants to keep me in the hospital at least another few days. She wants to do another round of labs, also, in a couple of days to see where I am. When I asked her about delivery, she said that she is definitely not letting me go past 37 weeks. With as fast as they are growing, I'm sure we won't have that problem. As far as how they are delivered, we're not sure. It all depends on their position. If they stay in the position they're in now, she will recommend a cesarian. If one comes out head first and the other tries to come out breach, she will want to do a cesarian. Going through both methods of birth equals to longer healing time. We'll see what happens. It's all up to them right now.

Hugs and Kisses,
Momma and babies

No comments:

Post a Comment