Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just Shy of 34 Weeks

Tomorrow, I will have made it to 34 weeks (the magic number!) Hooray! After my meeting with Bradford yesterday, she moved me to a room with a view of the street and gave me wheelchair privileges for 20 minutes a day. The protein dipstick showed a protein level hovering around 1+ and 2+. My blood pressures are still not stable. They're slowly creeping upward. She increased my blood pressure medication last week. She increased it again this week, and again today. She said I will not make it three more weeks. At some point, she said, we're going to look at each other and say, "we're done." She doesn't want me getting sicker just to buy a few more days. With the dipstick showing higher protein levels, she is having me do another 24 hour urine collection. We should know more tomorrow. If I continue going down the path of wavering blood pressures and protein, we're going to call it and take them early. They look great on the sono. They're probably close to 6 lbs now. During the BPP (biophysical profile) today, the girl was awake and moving. The boy, on the other hand, would not wake up. The doctor had to nudge my belly three times to get him to move. Poor thing. He's just like his mommy.

That's all I have for now. I have a headache and I only had about 2 hours of sleep.

Charla

No comments:

Post a Comment