We made it another week! Whew!! I saw Dr. Bradford on Tuesday and everything looked good. She increased my insulin by adding two units before dinner since my blood sugars were higher around then. She did an FFN test, also, which predicts if pre-term labor will occur. So far, I have gained about 29 pounds. For being pregnant with two babies, that is fabulous! The doc originally said I should gain anywhere between 40 and 60 pounds for twins so I'm doing well.
I had another appointment today with Dr. Howard, the high risk doctor. They tried to hook me up to heartrate monitors but neither of the babies were having it. The nurse never could get a good heartrate for either one since they were moving so much. She tried for about 10 minutes before giving up and just putting me in the sonogram room. They did a biophysical profile and a growth for both babies. When they measured the femurs on both babies, they were measuring about 33 weeks (2 weeks ahead!) They estimated the weights to be 4 lbs. 4 oz and 4 lbs. 6 oz. I was so shocked at how much they weighed that I didn't even pay attention to which one was which! Last I read, they should be weighing between 3.5 and 4 lbs. now. On top of the growth spurt, I saw their diaphragms moving today! They call this "practice breathing". Their lungs still aren't mature but the diaphragm movement helps prepare them for breathing on the outside. I could not only see the diaphragms moving, but I could also see the up and down movement of their bellies. How amazing! I hate that Kevin missed this. He had to work so my mom went with me instead. Finally, they both look like they are trying to work their way towards a "head down" position. The boy is already there. The girl looks like she's turning that way. Their feet and butts are right next to each other on the left side of my belly. The girl's head is on my right side, about even with my belly button. It won't be much longer before these babies make their debut to the world. :)
Love,
Charla and fast-growing babies

No comments:
Post a Comment