Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home: 34 weeks +

Dr. Bradford released me from jail the hospital at 11 p.m. on Friday. She was supposed to come by my room after lunch but by 9:30, we still hadn't seen or heard from her. I started to worry so I had one of the nurses page her. They updated me every few minutes, saying they still hadn't heard back from her and that Labor and Delivery couldn't get ahold of her either. Finallly, around 10:00, Dr. Bradford called the nurse back. She was in the middle of surgery so she was relaying messages through a surgical nurse. She said I could go home and that I needed to follow up with Dr. Howard (high risk doctor) on Monday and I should see her on Thursday. I called today to schedule my appointment with her but I was told she is on vacation this week. Gasp! What did she just say? My doctor is on vacation this close to me giving birth? Then, the nervousness set in. I hope the babies can hang in there for another week so a strange doctor doesn't have to deliver them.

I saw Dr. Howard today and both babies look WONDERFUL! Kevin has missed the past few of these BPP sonograms so I was happy when he said he could make it to this appointment. Both babies were moving like crazy. They were breathing well and hiccuping, which is a good exercise for their diaphragms. The boy is still in the cephalic, or head down, position with his body kind of flopped over hers. His arms were all over the place until he finally rested his left arm on top of his head. When the sonographer pushed on my belly, he did manage to push back at her. :) When it was time to see sister, he couldn't handle the fact that she was getting attention and not him. He put his bottom, male parts and all, and legs on top of her body and in her face. You could see her trying to push him out of the way. It was so hilarious. They're getting so big that we can see lips, eye sockets, noses, and even the chubby outlines of arms and legs. How awesome! We're almost there but I am so excited to see them. The good Lord sure is trying to teach me patience.

As far as my health goes, I am doing better. My blood pressure was below 130/80 at the doc's office today. Whew! I dodged going back into the hospital. Blood sugars and everything else are doing great. I threw up four times yesterday in about a half an hour's time. It worried me because it seemed like I wasn't keeping anything down. Kevin called the doctor's office and they told us to go to the hospital. Ironically, after they called back, the vomitting stopped. So I stayed home. I threw up again today...twice. My conclusion is that I started taking my meds in the morning instead of the evening. Prenatal vitamins are bad about causing nausea. Being congested doesn't help either. My ears have been stuffed up for the past two weeks. Kevin bought me some Benadryl to act as a decongestant. Hopefully this will work.

Babies should be here no later than August 19th, which will put me at 37 weeks. Hopefully they come a little sooner so I don't have to miss as much work. They seem to be doing quite well in there, though. He is ready to show himself but she seems to want to stay for a while longer. It doesn't look like she's planning on changing position anytime soon. If that is the case, we will have to have a cesarian. It's not ideal, but if that is what is best, I will do it.

Love,
Charla and babies

No comments:

Post a Comment