The first few days home have been rough to say the least. It has been tough adjusting to the concept of being a mom and a partner in a larger family. This was my opportunity to bond with Kayla and Bryce, and to settle into a routine. As usual, things didn't go as planned. Kevin's mom had been staying at the house since the day they were born. We were butting heads back when I was in the hospital and it progressed when I came home. It has made this transition even more difficult.
On Monday, we were at the pediatrician's office because Bryce had pus coming out of his circumcision site. The doctor said everthing looked fine and he had actually started healing sooner than expected. His plastic ring fell off on Tuesday! On Wednesday, Kevin's mom went to a hotel and Kevin went to work, which left the kids and I alone. Everything went well and I felt like I bonded with them, as I had wanted to. Kayla's umbilical cord fell off! I love them so much. Going back to work is going to be hard. I wish I didn't have to go back. Kevin said he missed them, too, while he was at work.
Today, Thursday, I had another check up with the OB. My blood pressure is staying low and I have a follow up in about two weeks. The kids went to the pedatrician to have a weight check. Bryce is back up to 5 lbs. and Kayla is up to 4 lbs. 14 oz. so they gained 3 oz. since Monday. They are right on track with where the doctor wanted them to be!
That's all for now. I'll post more later.

No comments:
Post a Comment