Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Progress

I saw the Nurse Practitioner on Thursday. Everything looks good. She did a cervical exam and I'm already 75% effaced (thinning of the cervix) and 2 cm dilated. She asked what I was at the last exam but I hadn't had an exam before that. The doctor performed an FFN test about 4 weeks ago and my cervix was closed. I know that some women, at 2 cm, can go weeks without delivering. I don't know how long I've been this way so it could be days or two weeks before I deliver. Since the boy is already head down, we're waiting on the girl to turn. If she doesn't turn around, we'll have to do a cesarean. It's all up to her now.

Sunday, August 8th - I had a rough weekend. The pain in my pelvis and back are a lot more intense. I've been nauseated for about the past week and I've had some cramping on and off too. I haven't really felt conractions yet. I have had some tightening of my belly, though, but it seems to occur when the babies change position and "ball  up" to one side. This morning I woke up and did not feel the babies move at all. They usually move when I wake up and at night before I go to bed. I hadn't felt anything in about 14 hours. Since these guys normally move a lot, I was worried, in addition to the increase in pelvic and back pain. We went up to Maternal Observation to make sure. As soon as the nurse put the monitors on, they started moving...a lot. They didn't pick up any contractions, which is good. She did another cervical exam. I was holding Kevin's hand at one point and it hurt so bad that I dug into his skin with my nails. I had no idea it was going to hurt that bad. It didn't hurt when the NP did it. Uncomfortable, yes, but painful, no. I refuse to let anyone else do an exam like that on me. The odd part is that when the nurse knew it hurt, she seemed to be even more forceful. This nurse said that my "outer cervix" was dilated a little but the "inner cervix" was still closed. That's not what the NP told me yesterday so I'll have to verify it with Dr. Bradford the next time I see her.

I am completely miserable at this point. I've been congested since the middle of July and it's hard to hear anything. Unfortunately, I can't get a decongestant because they increase blood pressure. Just my luck! I'm in pain too. It hurts to walk, sit, and lay down. I can't get comfortable anywhere. I have an appointment with Dr. Howard on Tuesday and I see Dr. Bradford on Thursday. I am tempted to call Dr. Bradford to schedule a c-section. The baby girl still isn't head down, so it's not advisable to do a vaginal delivery in case she still doesn't turn after the boy is delivered. I'm praying that God gives me patience here. I only have a week and a half left. Hopefully I can make it.

XOXO,
Charla, Kevin and babies

No comments:

Post a Comment