Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

34 Weeks 6 Days

Yesterday was Kevin's 34th birthday. He was a mere 28 when we met. To celebrate, we had a coupon for The Keg Steakhouse, so we ordered some food from there. I love their steaks and mushrooms! Kevin took the day off because I was having what seemed like round ligament and lower back pain, along with contractions. Kevin drew me a bath and the pain subsided. He was afraid I was going to go into labor while he was at work, so he just stayed home. I haven't had any pain or contractions since then.

I am definitely at the miserable point now, or past it anyway. Since the doctor put me on blood pressure medication, I had to stop taking my allergy shots. I'm paying for it now. I've been congested for about two weeks now and my hearing is muffled. I don't know what medication I can take but I need to find something because I would like to be able to hear the babies' first cries when they arrive. Since the doctor won't let me go for longer than 37 weeks, we have, at most, 15 days left. I don't know whether to be excited or scared.

People have told me that the babies don't move as much the further along you get. These guys haven't backed down much. The past few days have been very eventful for them. They are transforming my tummy into all sorts of shapes. The girl is gearing up for a career in the circus and the boy is shooting to be a soccer player. I called Dr. Bradford's office yesterday to make an appointment and they told me that she was on vacation. Hopefully the babies will hang on until she gets back. I'm sure they will. They seemed quite content inside my belly at our last appointment.

NAMES!
We have our names...well, first names anyway. We're still debating on middle names. My aunt Sheri and uncle Kevin were smart about this one. They didn't tell anyone Connor's name until he was born. Good idea. I started out mentioning the names we liked to people. Since people felt the need to give their opinions on every name I mentioned, I just stopped. I'm not going to let someone ruin the names we really like. For example, I loved the name Allison for a middle name. I mentioned it to my cousin Jodi and she nearly had a cow! Her twin sister and my cousin, Codi, has the same middle name so she was completely against it. I was bummed because Kevin and I both really liked the name and her reaction ruined it for me. So now when people ask, we tell them we don't know. On that note, I will not say what names we have picked out. I will just say that we have them picked out, or at least first names anyway. :)

That's all for now.
Charla and babies

No comments:

Post a Comment