Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One Year Ago and Teaching

One year ago today, God blessed us with two bundles of joy! It is hard to believe it has gone by this fast. The first four months were a blur because we were so exhausted.

Originally, I had their birthday party planned out. It was going to be perfect with cute decorations and little party favors. With the whole moving thing, I didn't have time so the party wasn't quite what I expected it to be. We didn't end up with the gorgeous decorations or party favors and I am fine with that. I have never been a decorating guru / Martha Stewart-type woman anyway. The kids got to open presents and spend time with the family before we move and that is all that I really wanted. 

So, we made it to Milwaukee last night and K1 flew back to Texas this afternoon. I really wanted to see the kids and spend time with them on their birthday, but things didn't work out that way. Before we left, we bought a webcam for our computer at home and I was able to Skype with K1 and the kids. This next week and a half will be the toughest for me yet. Not only am I alone in a new city, but I miss my babies like crazy. The only thing I can do is try to keep busy to pass the time. Of course, I keep torturing myself by watching the movie that I made to reflect on their first year. I'll try to get it posted later.

I have accepted a position teaching 5-6 Grade in a Christian School here in Wisconsin. I will also be the 9-10 Grade English Teacher. School starts Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment