Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Who Moved My Cheese?

I got the title of this blog from a book that I read while working at an insurance company back while I was going to college. The book basically talked about being flexible and willing to change. In general, most people find it hard to accept change because we fear the unknown. It is hard to go into a situation blindly, without having an exact plan. I am certainly guilty of this. I typically have to plan most things out. On occasion, I can "wing it", but it isn't often that I feel okay doing that.

I truly believe that when one door closes, another opens. A lot around here has fallen apart lately, but many things have come together. To make a long story short, K1 was told at work last week that he is getting laid off. Doors opened up for us in Wisconsin, so we will be moving up there shortly. Actually, we will be going up there tomorrow and I will stay to get things ready for our final move. We are leaving my entire family to go where we don't know anyone. We are also leaving a place with 108 degree temperatures and going to a place that is covered in snow most of the time.

I can honestly say that this is the first time in my life that I have made a decision this big. On top of that, I am not bothered by the lack of definite plan because I know that God has a plan for us. Finally, I am learning to let go of the reigns and let Him guide me in the direction that I was intended to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment