Thursday was our first Thanksgiving without family so I sharpened my culinary skills by cooking a turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, and pecan pie...without any help. I didn't use to, but since the kids were born, I have developed a love for cooking. My family used to give me a hard time about making the kids' baby food. Fact of the matter is that I loved doing it. Thursday was also my mom's birthday so we skyped with the rest of the family to say hello. It's tough being away from family for long periods of time. It's even tougher being in a new place without anyone you know. I can't wait to get back to Texas for Christmas and enjoy the kids' first plane ride!
Thanksgiving meal pictures (pardon the mess...we still have not completely unpacked):
Update on the kids...
K2 is getting really good at mimicking me. I stick my tongue out and she does the same. I looked over today and she was cleaning a plastic cup with her paper towel. Awww...a clean freak, just like mommy! That's my girl. She's wearing 12 month clothes now. We've tried a few 18 month outfits but they're too long on her or the shirts look like a dress. She's wearing size 4 diapers, although I still think they're a little big on her. Unfortunately, they don't make in between sizes.
B is really running and he has been tackling K2 lately. I'm not sure if that is any indication of what sports he may get into when he's older. I hope not. He is still in size 3 diapers and wearing 12 month clothes. 9 months still fit him but his waist is so tiny that 6 months still fit. He's a skinny boy like his daddy.
Here are a few pictures:
| Temper tantrum after waking up... |
| Carrying the grocery store sack around the house. |
| She doesn't like vaccums, so she's hiding from them. |
| First "boy" haircut. |
| Hiding in the box and shredding all of our papers. |
Things are tough with our family right now. Religion is a big elephant in the room, if you will. I love God and I enjoy going to church. My husband HATES going to church; although he will go sometimes. Even then, he takes his time getting ready and we're always late. K1 is a scientist and he believes in evolution. It makes for very interesting conversations around here. He basically told me that my tithing would come out of my own paycheck and not his. I'm not so sure what to do here. I am trying to be strong for the kids, but as time passes, I worry about the kids. I want them to go to church and as they get older, they are going to start asking why daddy doesn't go to church with them. The religion issue is usually the main topic of all of our arguments.
We did manage to go to church today (for the first time in about a month because someone ends up hurt or with a temperature) and we made it through cradle roll...running late, of course. They really like Sabbath School because they're doing something. Once we made it out of there and headed to the main church, they started screaming and wiggling. So, we put them on the floor in the lobby area to get a little energy out. One kid runs one way and the other goes another. By the time we gathered up the children and sat down in the church, K1 and I were sweating. The thermostat in the church had to be as high as it would go. After a few minutes of singing, the kids would not stop squirming and screaming so we left. I'm not sure when they get out of this temper tantrum stage, but I hope it's soon. I'm not sure what to do with them. Was leaving church early the right thing to do? They do not have a family room off to the side like most of the churches. The church is in a mansion, so we tried another room and they still echoed into the sancutary. I'm at a loss here.
That is all I have for now.
Good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment