Christmas is almost here! We put up the tree on Sunday. I made some cookies this week and I'll make some icing tomorrow evening so we can decorate cookies. Yes, we're going to let the kids in on the fun. I want to start a tradition where we bake and decorate cookies together around the holidays. I started it last year, even though the kids couldn't participate.
We're excited about going to Texas for the holidays. We got the kids travel booster chairs for Grandma's house. They look more like a lawn chair, but it straps on to the chair and has a buckle inside to strap them in while they eat. It's pretty neat. The kids like sitting in it on the floor in the living room. So cute. I really want to get them a mini sitting chair for the living room that looks like our recliners, but those may have to wait. They're about $80 for one.
I have gotten pretty good at hitting the stores with mounds of coupons and getting stuff for next to nothing. Although, moving to a different state and not keeping up with clipping coupons didn't help. Nevertheless, I purchased some toothpaste, body wash, etc. on sale, with coupons, so I was able to get some for a friend of mine and his soldiers overseas. (Is it possible for shopping to be a talent?) I had some parents drop some donations by my classroom today, too. So, we'll be mailing that out to him on Monday. I hope that it makes it to them by Christmas! I'm impatient.
Charla

No comments:
Post a Comment