Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Five Years

Five years ago and almost two years after our first date, K1 and I walked into the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas and got married. 16 months ago, we were blessed with the two best children. We couldn't have asked for a better family. The Lord knows exactly what we need and when. Amazing.

We woke up to about an inch (or less) of snow on the ground yesterday so we all spent the day together, curled up by a fire. After sundown, we went to a family restaurant and had dinner with the kids. This is the place where the kids had their first kids' meal and it wasn't nearly as good this time. We were disappointed. We got a good picture of K2 drinking from a straw! I'm so excited.


After we ate, we headed to Costco. I love their carts because they're made for twins. We just had to get a picture.



K1 and I desperately need a break so one of the ladies who keeps the kids during the week offered to take them for a few hours today so we could go out to eat for our anniversary. We'll be taking them up there in about an hour or so. We'll probably go to Olive Garden (where we went for our first date) and then go grocery shopping. Romantic, I know. Ha!

So, the kids decorated cookies last weeked. I said that I would upload photos, so here they are.


The aftermath

I wrote her name on the tray and she was smearing it in.

He just couldn't wait until we had the icing before eating the cookie.

She didn't care much for the cookie but she loved making a mess!

He loves cookies: icing or not.

K1's parents sent a couple of gifts for the kids. We let them open them yesterday since we won't be here for Christmas. We figured they might like seeing pictures of the kids opening their presents. B got a farmer tractor and K2 got two baby dolls. K2 didn't seem interested in the dolls until B started playing with them. I see a sensitive man in the making!




The next two weeks, I will be a stay-at-home mom and I plan to enjoy every second. I fed the kids on Friday after we got back from the school and B started making a tower out of his banana pieces. Perhaps, he will be an engineer like his daddy (always trying to figure out how things fit together.)


Off to give two dirty children a bath and then headed to Olive Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment