Okay, so I'm a little behind. We welcomed the new year by rocking the kids to sleep. It's not anything to rave about, but hey, we spent time as a family and that's all that matters. We got a cooked chicken from the store (for free because K1 went by as they were closing...good money-saving tip there) and I made twice-baked potatoes. Yum!
B has learned to say "all done" now and he holds both arms up. He must have been watching us because when we heat up food, we'll blow on it to cool it off. We gave him some bread pudding on a fork the other day and he blew on it before he ate it. So funny. K2 isn't as verbal as B. She cries or grunts to get what she wants. She refers to a cat as a "dat". In fact, she chased B around the house one day, pinned him against a door and pointed to his shirt and said, "dat." He had a tiger on his shirt.
I mentioned in my previous post that we went to Texas for Christmas. Here are the kids' first plane ride photos.
 |
| He's not so sure what to think. |
 |
| My hair was a hot mess. I had just ran through an airport carrying two kids and way too much luggage. |
I took a few photos this week around the house. I love taking pictures.
 |
| Playing with their new backpacks. I love these. Now, they can start carrying the stuff they need. |
 |
| We got them rocking chairs for Christmas. B pulled it over to the baby gate and is trying to escape. |
 |
| Here's a lovely picture of the two pine trees that fell over in our yard. Luckily, we parked in a pretty good spot. Had we been over any further, the damage would have been a lot worse. Small branches are much better than a trunk or two. Oh, notice the power lines that they fell on. The electric company had to come out and cut them down. |
 |
| She LOVES this backpack. |
 |
| We had a fabric fruit basket that we got at IKEA and he was using it as a hat. It kind of looks like a newsboy hat, though. |
 |
| K1 is reading Dr. Seuss to the kids at bedtime. He is a natural at this daddy stuff. Really, it's nice not having to teach him how to be a parent. I know that some guys are clueless when it comes to raising kids. Not this guy right here. He knows what needs to be done and does it. The kids are so lucky to have him as their daddy. |
Here are some Christmas photos.
 |
| Taking his Santa hat on and off. |
 |
| She got books for Christmas! |
 |
| Opening his present from Grandma and Grandpa. |
 |
| Opening a present from Cousin Amie. |
 |
| He loves the tent Amie got him. |
 |
| She brought along a toy (the remote.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment