Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 24, 2012

Bittersweet End

Today has been bittersweet in a couple of ways.
I finished my last day as a full-time teacher and I announced it to my class after lunch today. One boy was in tears, another asked what they had done and said they would behave better, a girl said she was going to cry, and another girl asked if it was a joke. The conclusion of the day was bittersweet: sweet because I know that I am going to be able to watch my own children grow up and learn more easily, but bitter because I know that I will miss teaching and I will miss (some of) my students. The Lord has pointed us in this direction. I know that it was the right decision because things are falling into place.

Yesterday, we got an email from our realtor in Texas with an offer on our house. The original offer was low, but then he jumped up quite a bit. Today, we accepted the offer and we will actually make something on the house. It's not much, but we're still making something and I am happy that we sold it. We have a lot of stressful memories tied up in that house and we'll be glad to get rid of them. The Lord provides. The buyer wants to close before the end of March because he is getting married on the 18th, so he wants to close as soon as possible. K1 and I are looking into having me go down to Texas with the kids and then he will drive up there and we'll drive back together. I'll be happy to see my family again and I'm sure they'll be happy to see the kids. (The delicious mexican food is a plus!)

The kids have seemed less stressed the past couple of days. I imagine that it's because they sense that I'm less stressed. Another reminder that I am doing the right thing. God knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment