Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Name-Calling

Up until now, Kayla hasn't really been much of a talker. Today, we were looking in the fridge for something to eat for lunch. She grabbed an apple from the bottom shelf and said, "apple!" Of course, we cut it up and gave it to her, along with a turkey burger that Kevin had made for them last night. New food she (and we all) likes: turkey burgers.

When I picked them up from the babysitter yesterday after school, the babysitter (Michelle) said that Kayla is saying her daughter's name (Aubrey.) I hadn't heard her say it before. Sure enough, when we got home last night, she started yelling out, "Aubrey!" I had to tell her that my name was momma. She finally started saying, "momma."

Kayla has always been the non-verbal type of child. She picks up on emotions very quickly, which is part of the reason that we decided on me staying at home. Having a stressed out mother and father stresses her out. A book that I have been reading about brain development in babies said that stress on young children can lower brain function and even IQ scores. This has haunted me since I read it.

That's all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment