Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 27, 2012

First Day On The Job!

I started my "new" job today: full-time SAHM and I have the two toughest bosses I've ever had. :) I cannot express how much different that atmosphere was in the house this morning. Kevin didn't have to wake up as early to get the kids ready and he didn't have to wake the kids up. Since the kids were able to wake up on their own, they were happy this morning. Them being happy has been such a rarity up until now. Kayla woke up at 7:30 and then Bryce woke up at 8:30. I was able to spend some time alone with Kayla, which I don't get to do very often.

I recently got hooked on Pinterest. It's an online pinboard for recipes, crafts ideas, etc. I've found a ton of things for the kids so now that I'm staying at home, I'll start making some fingerpaint and other things for the kids to play with. I'll try a few new recipes, too. I've seen a few posts from The Pioneer Woman. This lady is incredible. She has a lot of awesome recipes and really good ideas so I check out her blog as often as I can. She started out as a blogger and then got her own show on Food Network. She even homeschools her kids. She is one heck of a mult-tasker and I'm learning a lot from her.

We've been planning to start potty training here soon. Actually, we were probably going to start later this month. Bryce obviously didn't get the memo. This morning, I went to brush my teeth and I turned around to find a pile of poop on the floor. Bryce's pants and diaper were off. I had just changed him maybe 5 minutes before that. I asked him where his pants were and he grabbed them for me. My son had taken his own diaper and pants off, walked into the bathroom and pooped on the floor. I guess the good news here is that he made it to the right room. The bad news is that he lost the privilage of wearing pants and shirts separately. He will be wearing onesies until he stops stripping. I know that kids will let you know when they're ready to be potty trained and well, I think that was a sign. He obviously doesn't like going in his diaper anymore. For now, I think we'll start with him and then we'll train Kayla at a different time. One article that I read said that you should reward each child separately anyway. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment