Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

5 Months!

Bryce and Kayla are 5 months old today. :) We spent the morning at the pediatrician's office following up on Bryce's ear infection and cough. He did well on the amoxicillin...no allergic reactions! His ear infection has cleared up but now he has bronchitis. Most bronchitis infections are viral so the doctor wanted to see if it would run its course. If not, I need to call him back to get antibiotics. Kayla has been really fussy so I had him check her out, too, to make sure she didn't have an ear infection as well. She got a good bill of health.

Rough weight (with clothes and diapers on):

Bryce: 13 lbs. 1 oz.
Kayla: 12 lbs. 15 oz.

The babies got their first real bites of rice cereal last night...SUCCESS! (We tried again tonight and they didn't do as well, but I'll take what I can get.) They seemed a little shocked at first but then they both started opening up their mouths for more. I split 1 T. cereal with ~3 T. formula between the two of them and they almost polished off the whole amount.

By the way...the "junk" in the background is stuff that needs to be taken to be recycled. We bought this space saver high chair to try it out and we just ordered another one for Bryce tonight. These high chairs convert to booster seats, so they are more practical and will save us money in the long run. Besides, they will be easier to transport on trips than a full high chair.

Bryce

Kayla

Bryce has become a rolly polly. He can't crawl yet (although he's trying hard) so he rolls around. I looked away for a second and I found him all the way over by the fireplace. It has since been padded with foam!


Kayla is so strong. She is great at sitting and lately, she's been putting a lot of weight on her legs.


Bryce is now wiggling himself out of his own clothes! Silly boy.



Work starts back tomorrow so I better get a little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment