Bryce was up most of the night crying so we put him in the co-sleeper bed in between us. He was still up every hour. This made for a rough day at work, even though we had no students there and I wasn't even there all day. When I got to work, I called Dr. Readinger's office about Bryce's runny nose and sleeping a lot so they scheduled an appointment for 1:40. I took him in and the doctor had to take a curette to clean the wax out of his ears so he could see the ear canal. His right ear had fluid in it. Nice...his first ear infection at four months old. Poor guy; no wonder he's been miserable. We got a prescription for amoxicillin so we'll start that tonight.
I talked to the doctor a little more about solid foods while I was there. We've tried giving them rice cereal three different times now and they started to cry everytime. He thought maybe they didn't like it, so he suggested getting them started on vegetables. I'm still hesitant about starting them this early since the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends starting solid foods closer to six months because their digestive systems are more equipped to digest the food better. I plan on making our own baby food because it will be healthier, and hopefully smell better than the junk in the jars. I still haven't decided whether or not I want the kids to be meat-eaters or vegetarians. Vegetarianism is a healthier lifestyle and I want them to be healthier than I am. Kevin and I are still debating so we'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment