We saw Dr. Readinger on Monday to check on Bryce's cold and ear infection. His cough was getting better and his ear infection had cleared up. He was diagnosed with bronchitis - most cases are caused by viruses and get better with time. Nevertheless, the doctor said to call back on Thursday if it hadn't gotten better. Bryce's cough didn't get better. In fact, it got worse. We called and got him in today at 10:00. Kevin took him since I had to work. His ear infection is coming back so he's getting more antibiotics. They drew blood make sure he didn't have anything serious. They drew blood from his heel but they weren't able to get enough so they had to get it from his thumb. The thought of them hurting my baby sickens me! I wish I had been there to comfort him. He has a bad virus in his lungs; the doctor didn't tell us which one. I feel helpless not knowing what virus his little body is fighting.
Kayla has been having a rough few days also. She has been fussy and crying about 90% of the time. She's been throwing up, too, so he prescribed her some Prevacid. We're halfing a pill and putting it in her rice cereal in the evenings.
We got Bryce's high chair in yesterday so they were both able to eat their cereal simultaneously for the first time tonight! Bryce ate most of his portion and Kayla started crying after about five bites.
I have been pondering some things. I have thought about raising the kids as vegetarians but Kevin is opposed to the idea. According to him, it's "not good for them." He can't tell me why though. I want to find an SDA church home and start going with the kids. Kevin isn't a Christian, so he won't be going. Bryce is fussing so I have to go.
Good night :)

No comments:
Post a Comment