Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

My new year's resolutions are: 1) keep up with this blog on a regular basis, 2) simplify and get rid of "unnecessary" things cluttering up our lives, 3) focus more on relationships with people and less on money and tangible things, 4) be more positive, 5) become more healthy, and 6) save money so we can get our new house built and have more room for the kids and dogs.

I have been seriously thinking about being a stay at home mom after the end of this school year. Since Bryce and Kayla are probably going to be the only two kids we are ever going to have, I want to spend as much time with them as possible. On the down side, I bring in about 1/3 of our household income so a job loss would be a huge blow. We would have to really cut back on a lot of things. I do like my job. I enjoy that no day is ever the same and that I have a break from being at home. However, by the time I get off work, pick up the kids, drive home, eat dinner, get them ready for bed, I have had no time to spend with Kevin or them. My working seems to take away time from our family and it has started to take a toll on all of us. We will have to do a lot of praying about this before a decision is made.

Bryce and Kayla are still doing well. We all made our first family trip yesterday to our favorite restaurant...Taste of Asia on Bryant Irvin. We found a good place for them while we eat. Their car seats fit perfectly in between the booth and the table.


Daddy with Kayla

Mommy with Bryce

They both seem to be sleeping a lot more than they used to. Bryce acts like he's got a cold. He's coughing a lot and he has a runny nose. He still has a lot of energy, though, when he's awake.

The doctor and my mom have both recommended that we try rice cereal with Bryce and Kayla. We've tried it a few times and they strongly protest through crying and screaming. We still have until six months to get them started so no rush. I ordered a space saver high chair through Amazon yesterday. We were going to try it out before we got another one. Having twins is expensive so we try to only get one of something and let them share, until we decide that they both need one. For now, we only have one Bumbo seat, one jumperoo, and one swing. We have done pretty well with switching them out.

I'll update more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment